- KSI achieved Green Label Certification from the Singapore Environment Council (8-Apr-20)
- Solusi Bangun Andalas achieved Padmamitra Awards 2020 from Indonesia’s Ministry of Social Affairs (17-Nov-20)
- Nusantara CSR Award 2020 from The La Tofi School of CSR (22-Oct-20)
- Iconomics CSR Awards 2020 (5-Dec-20)
- Proper Hijau 2020 for SBI Narogong & Cilacap Plants (14-Dec-20)
- SHE Award 2021 (Indonesia’ Ministry of Manpower) Category P2 Covid-19 for SBA Lhoknga Plant & PP Lhokseumawe (Zero Accident) (28-Apr-21)
- Green Label Hidraulic Cement type HE "PwrPro" (29-May-20)
- SHE Award 2021 (Indonesia’ Ministry of Manpower) Category SMK3, Zero Accident for PP Belawan (23-Jun-21)
- Ecolabel Self-Declaration Certificate (Indonesia’ Ministry of Environment & Forestry) for Batching Plant Serpong Tangerang Selatan, BP Pulo Gadung Jakarta Timur, BP Tuban Jawa Timur (8-Jul-21)
- Nusantara CSR Award 2021 from The La Tofi School of CSR (15-Sep-21)
Our ESG Journey
SIG in Creating Sustainable Lives
In line with efforts to embody the vision of becoming a leading provider of building material solutions regionally, SIG fully supports the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals in Indonesia. This commitment is embodied in SIG’s four sustainability pillars, namely:
1. Sustainable Economic Growth Pillar
Focuses on SIG's commitment to deliver innovative sustainable solutions and strengthen it’s supply chain that is oriented towards sustainability. This commitment is realized through the offering of various sustainable products, such as a variety of non-OPC cement with a lower slag factor which helps to reduce SIG’s carbon emission intensity. Several SIG products have also obtained a green label certificate from the Green Product Council Indonesia, such as the PCC bag cement products, PwrPro cement, and other products with Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag which is used as a cement mixture. SIG also developed various environmentally friendly concrete products, such as SpeedCrete which allows for faster and traffic jam-free road construction work, and Thrucrete that can provide water catchment and reduce the risk of flooding. SIG also cooperates with the Ministry of Environment and Forestry in formulating environmentally friendly concrete standards to obtain a “green concrete” label through ecolabel self-declaration. This is done as a form of responsibility towards the environment as a part of the company's commitment.
2. Climate & Energy Pillar
SIG supports Indonesia's commitment to COP21 (2015) in reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions. The result of this commitment is the success of SIG in reducing the intensity of CO2 emissions Scope 1 to 607 kg CO2/ton cement equivalent or a decrease of 14.24% from the baseline year 2010. This was achieved through energy consumption efficiency initiatives, reduction of slag factor, and increasing the use of waste as an alternative fuel.
3. Circular Economy Pillar
Focuses on the responsible use of materials, SIG continues to increase the use of industrial waste and urban area waste as raw materials and alternative fuels. SIG has a waste management unit called Nathabumi which provides industrial and urban waste treatment solutions through a co-processing method where the waste is utilized as alternative fuel. In addition, several types of industrial waste such as fly ash, bottom ash, copper slag and others can be used as an alternative raw material for cement. The total alternative raw materials used during 2020 almost reached 1.2 million tons, while alternative fuels almost reached 250 thousand tons.
4. People and Community Pillar
SIG greatly values employees and the community, through the implementation of good corporate governance, the company ensures good and proactive relationship management with all SIG stakeholders.
SIG synergizes with community leaders, religious leaders, youth leaders, local government, and beneficiaries of the various community development programs such as plantation empowerment programs, integrated fisheries, agriculture and animal husbandry, construction of rain-fed reservoirs, and various other programs. These activities are also a part of the reclamation of ex-mining areas, putting it into more productive use and to provide a wider greenbelt area to minimize emissions and dust, as well as a means of interaction, education, and improvement of economic activities for the community around the company. By 2020, there were nearly 6.5 million people who has benefitted from the various SIG community development programs.
All of this is done in the spirit of Go Beyond Next in creating Life Continuing for a better future.